Friday, September 21, 2007

The Amazing Race

I was in the car yesterday when Tyler informed me that boys can run faster than girls. I said, "That's not true, who said that?" "Yes, it is true, Daddy said so." I had to call Mike and tell him he was in trouble because Tyler would be announcing this in pre-school, and Mike would look like a big, fat, male gorilla. Mike suggested I have a race with Tyler to show him that a girl could be faster. We got home and went to the backyard to race. I saw the neighbors on their deck and relayed what naughty thing Daddy had said to Tyler (so they wouldn't think I was mean for smoking my 4 year old in a race). We started racing and I accidently tripped Tyler. He started screaming that my foot kicked him SO hard. It was hilarious! I sure taught Tyler a lesson; girls can kick harder too! (We did race again and I made sure to win)

Austin has been feeling a lot better. He is such a happy boy most of the time. He LOVES to play with balls. He will chase a soccer ball aorund in the basement for half an hour. He also loves to wave. He will stand on the couch (with someone there in case he falls) and wave away. It is so cute.








4 comments:

martha corinna said...

Mike is so wrong. Girls can run faster than boys. I used to beat all the boys, that is until we all hit puberty.

michelle said...

You got it, girls rock. And the sooner he realizes that, the happier he will be, for the REST of his life!
Love the pictures of the kids... keep them coming!
Michelle

Sharon Robinson King said...

This is a great journal! If Tyler needs a girl to beat, have him come see grandma. He's guaranteed to win every race, but I bet I can beat him in wrestling!


We can't wait to see you all next month.
grandma K

Sheri King said...

This is Daddy Mike speaking. I never said that "boys are faster than girls" but I agree with the statement. And by the way, when Sheri tripped Tyler, it's because she was losing.