Saturday, September 15, 2007

Bend it like Tyler



Poor Mike and Austin were up for about 3 hours in the middle of the night. We have another ear-infection kid on our hands!

Today was the first game of the new soccer season. Tyler played last year and it was an interesting season. My friends and I thought it would be fun to put all of our kids on the same team. We stacked our team (and not in a good way). The kids had lots of fun climbing the goal post, playing power rangers, fighting, playing tag and crying. The moms thought it was cute and funny, but the dads were angry! We had the worst team in the league. We thought soccer might need to stay on the backburner for a couple of years. All of the sudden Tyler started talking about soccer again, so I signed him up. He did so much better today! He actually went for the ball and got some kicks in. Tyler is best at defense. He is not a great goalie. The yellow team scored on him 3 times while he was goalie. Tyler said he hates the yellow team! Well I guess a year of bulking up on pop-tarts and chicken nuggets really helped Tyler's game.

1 comments:

martha corinna said...

I am so glad you found my blog Sherrie. I think about you all the time. In fact, I was thinking about you today and wondering if Tyler is any easier to handle. He has turned into such a handsome boy. Austin is a good looking kid to. He and Abram were born just days apart. Oh! I wish you still lived here. The people that moved into your old home are so NOT you! I wish you would have stopped by in May. We would love for you to stop by next time you are in town.
Yes, we are building in Traverse again, down the boulevard a ways.
So we will have to catch up. I'm excited that we will be blogging friends. I've missed you.