Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Child's Prayer


We have a babysitter who comes over every Tuesday afternoon so I can do errands without kids. Her name is Sam, and she is absolutely adorable. Tyler loves Sam with all of his little heart because she plays with him the entire time. She's like his best friend except she lets him win games, and go first, and she doesn't fight with him. Well, Sam called last night and told me she hadn't been feeling well and might not be able to make it today. I told Tyler Sam was sick and might not be coming over this week. Tyler got a sad look and then said, "I have an idea. Can I say a prayer for Sam to get better?" Of course this just melted my heart. Tyler said his prayer for Sam.

Later that night.... Tyler had lost a missile from his transformer in the car. All of the little parts on his toys are driving me crazy because HE loses them and then wants ME to find them. When Mike got home he went out in the car to look for the stinkin missile. They were out there forever! Mike came in and I asked why he looked for the missile for so long (I would have given up after 3 or 4 minutes). He said he had to because Tyler was in the front seat praying over and over, "Please help me find my missile, please help me find my missile." Hopefully our car isn't bugged by the FBI.






6 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Sheri, your kids are too cute! Tyler looks so much like Mike.

martha corinna said...

So cute.
The FBI thing is funny!

Sheri King said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Baiamonte said...

I agree, Tyler and mike are spitting images of each other! So did he find the missle?

Sheri King said...

Mike found the missile, but then we couldn't find the missile launcher....

Sharon Robinson King said...

I am convinced prayer works especially from the mouth of kids.

I am so impressed with your children. Being their grandma has nothing to do with it. Keep up the great parenting.
grandma K